Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Good old days

I woke up thinking Tim had to work at the fire station today, he came downstairs as I was drinking my coffee and let me know he was off for the day time! The kids and I were so excited. Just when I was feeling like I haven't gotten to spend much time with him, the lord worked it out. He got to go with us to CC ( homeschool group) today. They all did pretty well except for Willow acting up at the end of class. Since she was bad we canceled our plans to take them to chick-fil-a. I'm  thinking I was more disappointed about that than she was! That afternoon was relaxing. I cut Tim's hair for the first time and didn't mess up too bad. We talked about our dreams of getting some land one day and how we could make it happen. He ended up leaving for work that evening as the kids and I headed to moms for supper. When we got there she already had the chicken pot pie in the oven. Then we convinced Lily and Emma to get us some ice cream. We laughed, talked, yelled, and pigged out just like the good old days. It's nice to have those moments in life when you don't have to be a grown up and worry about eating healthy, or manners. You can be a kid again and eat something just because it taste good and cut up with your mom and sisters. You can feel free to dance around and be goofy. I love being able to give my kids a glimpse of what it was like when I was growing up. I am so thankful for my childhood. I was blessed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment