Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Making the most of it

It has been a long day, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything in this world. Tim and I have been super busy this week doing our separate things. Today he was needed to help Jason in South Carolina to help build his deck. Tim wanted me to come and all I said was that I had way too much to do that I couldn't come. After thinking about it for awhile I realized that he was trying to spend time with me and the kids. We live in a crazy world and we should face all the obstacles life throws at us together. Yes, there are times to divide and conquer but today was not one of them. I apologized and went with him. We didn't stop talking the entire way there or the entire way back. I would have missed this time if I had given into my selfish tendencies. I'm so thankful God opened my eyes. The kids also got to spend some extra time with their cousins. On the way home we ate at one of our favorite places for dinner. I'm so grateful that we are able to help others as a family and be blessed in return like I have been today.

No comments:

Post a Comment