Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Making a special cake

One of my favorite things to do for a first birthday party is make the cake. I have a very special tin cake pan that has been passed down by great grandma Myrt. There have been many sweet birthday cakes baked in it over the years. It is now my baby Ty's turn. Emma came over to help me decorate it. It honestly looks hideous but it really doesn't matter to me.
Yesterday morning Tim and I also cut Ty's hair for the first time. He was not happy with us but at least now he doesn't have a mullet! He looks so handsome.
The girls have been very wound up excited for the big birthday parties today. After I laid Ty down last night I went in their rooms and painted all their little fingernails and toenails. That only added to the excitement. It was precious when I had to take the polish off of one of Zoe's thumbs so she could put it in her mouth as she fell asleep. I can't wait for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment