Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rest

So I started this notebook on trying to manage our home and lives. It went into effect on Monday. Apparently I have been a little over zealous in my to-do list. I was worn out last night. Luckily the kids didn't even seem to notice that I was busy flying from one task to the next. I'm hoping that once I can get the good organization set in place that the keep up will be a breeze. The girls ran in and out the back door all day playing outside. At one point yesterday evening I realized I needed to stop what I was doing and go play with those wild girls. We blew bubbles for a long time. They had a contest to see who could catch the most bubbles. Their laughter is medicine to me. I remember thinking this is what life is about. Once I got back inside I went straight back to cleaning something. I have found that the cleaning isn't hard or the playing with the kids. It's the BALANCE that is hard. My desire is to honor God in everything. I want our home to be clean and safe so our family can thrive. I want to love on mom, granny and poppie, and aunt Debbie when they come visit. I want to show these kids that its not about us but about everyone else. The list goes on and on. I woke up this morning already feeling a bit anxious on what I needed to accomplish today. I read in two different places this morning about finding rest in God. This doesn't mean physical rest but turning to Him when I'm feeling on empty. When I focus and lean on Him searching for joy in every moment He places before me that is where the rest is. My anxiety turns to peace. My efforts will be multiplied.

No comments:

Post a Comment